Monday, March 1, 2010

A Healthy Start


They say, "March roars in like a lion and goes out like a lamb". That has definitely got to be my attitude for the month. I am turning 40 on the 29th and my focus for the month is on getting healthy. Spring is around the corner so adding in some outdoor exercise time is something I am looking forward to. I typically eat very healthy and limit my carbs, but for some reason I have consumed more bread and baked goods in the month of February than I think I did for the entire year of 2009! There is a new bakery in town that everyone is in love with and we've had so many celebrations and get-togethers in February that I think we've all lost control a little bit. That being said, I am back to eating a very low-carb diet. For the next two weeks, I will follow the South Beach diet as best as I can. I have a big birthday bash to attend for a friend this weekend so I will give myself a day off on Saturday but will do my best to stick with it except for a little wine that evening. I stepped on the scale and to my dismay I now need to make it 15 lbs. to lose instead of 10! Yikes! I'll keep you posted with daily totals and my menu. This blog will be how I hold myself accountable.

To start the day:
1/2 caff coffee w/FF creamer and Stevia
a two egg omelet w/spinach, garlic, and jack cheese
a glass of low sodium V-8

No comments:

Post a Comment