Sunday, March 7, 2010

Happy 60th, Dianne! POD-Saturday

One of my dear friends, Dianne (on far R), celebrated her 60th birthday yesterday. Her sweet hubby threw an awesome party at Camp Rockmont in Black Mountain. This camp is the site of the Lake Eden Arts Festival which she was a huge part of for years. LEAF is one of the events my family looks forward to each year and luckily, it happens twice a year!

Now back to Dianne...she is the 2nd grade teacher at my children's school and since both of my children had her back to back we got to know each other really well and our friendship has just grown over the years to the point that she feels like part of the family. We all love her! Dianne is also one of the people who made our trip to Europe last year possible since she offered to stay with our kids and play grandma knowing we didn't really have anyone else who was able to watch them. For that we will be eternally grateful!

I was so glad that the sickness earlier in the week didn't cause me to miss celebrating this special lady! Happy Birthday Dianne!

No comments:

Post a Comment