Monday, March 15, 2010

First sign of Spring


My children are on a spring break this week since they are on a year-round school schedule. Earlier today my daughter was out doing some yard work to earn some money. She excitedly came in to tell me that what I have been looking for-signs of spring-has arrived. The crocus blossoms are up! They were not there Saturday, I did look. I also noticed some daffodil shoots popping up a little further down our road, although no flowers yet... I'm sure it won't be much longer. After a long, cold winter it is always such a joy to see these first signs of what is to come. It was also such a nice treat to arrive home from work and have it still be light outside. Spring forward!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photo. You must be so pleased it is getting warmer!

    ReplyDelete