Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Gray Day


I woke up to sunshine, blue skies and feeling motivated to do some housework in preparation for a St. Paddy's day dinner party we are having tomorrow evening. My hubby woke up early, too so we decided to finish watching a tv series that we had rented before jumping into the chores. Alas, by the time the show was over and we had done a little yard work, the weather had turned and it was starting to rain. I managed to unload and re-load the dishwasher but that is about all I have accomplished today-serious case of the blah's. I have just allowed myself to go with it and laid around on the couch finishing a book my son asked me to read (Flawed Dogs) and watching last night's episode of What Not to Wear.
The photo of the day shows you the view from our living room window-you can see how gray and cloudy it is. No wonder I have the blahs! The temperature has dropped to about 41 and there is a fire going in the fireplace. I think that I will attempt to clean the kitchen, living room and dining room since this is basically all one common area and the place where everyone will be tomorrow night and then call it a day. I'll need to be up and off to the grocery store at the crack of dawn, so cleaning a little bit tonight will give me a head start on what I'll have left to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment