Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Yesterday-Picture of the day


I'll be honest, I took my camera with me yesterday and forgot to use it. I had dinner with some friends after our PTC meeting at school and really wanted to have a dinner out picture to add to the album but it will have to wait 'til another time.

I am in a seriously grumpy mood today and I don't really know why. I am trying to improve it-this picture helped. I have had this little vignette sitting on the left side of my mantle for several years. I have changed it around a few times, but always come back to it. I do change my mantle decor seasonally for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, but this is pretty much up there the rest of the year....

These little elephants remind me of circus trains. I picked them up at an estate sale for next to nothing. They have the color orange in them-so naturally I am drawn to them!

The little books are pretty special, too. One of them I purchased myself from a thrift shop. My hubby gave me the other two for a Valentine's Day gift one year. They are signed and dated inside by the original owners. The pink one is titled Annie Lyon, the inside cover page says "Annie Lyon or the Secret of a Happy Home". Maybe I need to read that one today..LOL! The dark green one is titled "The Crown Jewels" and is inscribed inside with the date 1871.

Click on the picture to enlarge it-the detail and texture is pretty amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment