Thursday, January 14, 2010

Picture 14


Oh, Happy Day! Inasmuch as yesterday stunk today has been great! I got tons done around the house which freed me up for other work stuff and have been pretty successful with that, too. What a difference a day makes, huh?
I am also thrilled because today was a good mail day. I had purchased a couple of things from ebay and they both arrived. I had also purchased a book that I am really excited about off of amazon.
First things first, today's photo is of one of my purchases. These adorable snowman mugs are made by Luminarc. I got them to add to a set that I already own. I received 4 as a Christmas gift from a dance student that I taught when I lived in California many years ago. Even though I was so young and just barely setting up housekeeping during that time (and had several pretty tumultuous years following), miraculously I still have them. That was back in the early 90's. So now my children get to enjoy them all winter long. I know that they will be a treasured memory when they are old and gone. The set was down to 3 and one of the remaining ones is chipped so I decided to go look on ebay for them and lo and behold-I found them! Actually, I found 3 different sellers offering them. So I bid on the one that had two available and as you can see-they are here and safe and sound in my loving care until the kids break another one.
The book I got is called 5 and is written by Dan Zadra, who apparently has written several other inspirational-type books that I am yet unfamiliar with. The book is about creating a 5 year plan and has some worksheets and thought provoking questions. I'm sure I'll be posting more about this later. For now, it seems like a great way to start off my 40th year!

No comments:

Post a Comment