Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Well, this was one of those days that just started out bad and got progressively worse. I awoke to find that the water wasn't running. Now, this wouldn't have been nearly as big of a deal if we hadn't just spent almost $1000 on Monday having our submersible well pump replaced. We have had temps in the teens for weeks on end and it finally just gave out. At any rate, all fixed and it lasted for 24 hours. Then, I discover while loading the kids in the car for the ride to school that Tripp never even took his book bag in to do homework last night (he's in 6th grade so I didn't bother checking after him). Needless to say, he was in trouble. On the way to school I received a phone call regarding his behaviour yesterday at lunch....Day just getting better and better. Poor Tripp went in having been scolded by me and knew he was going to have to have a talk with the principal, too. I hated sending him off that way!
So, I just sulked in front of the computer and put off chores that I had to do-like wash the pile of dishes accumulated during the water outage. Finally, the water was back on by 10:30 and I was out of steam due to my bad mood. I bucked up to the responsibility and just got it all done. I didn't want to come home to a dirty kitchen one more day. I also procrastinated about some work stuff I needed to do-mainly finalizing song selections for the dance recital. That is always so hard!
When I left for work, I left a note on each child's door just to say "I love you" and luckily by the time I got home this evening everyone was in a much better mood, including me.

No comments:

Post a Comment