Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 3 Photo

Aagghh, To sleep perchance to dream. This is a photo of my bed. I almost forgot to take a picture of the day to add to my post from Sunday. Luckily, I thought of it right before going to bed, so naturally the subject matter was the bed. That was all I had the imagination for...

I love our bedroom. It is truly the one room in the house that is ALWAYS clean and peaceful. We have the pleasure of an in-suite bathroom and that is where the closet is so there are never clothes strewn about or anything that needs to be dealt with. I love that! The walls are painted the softest sage green. The bedding is a vibrant cinnamon with a paisley swirl. This set is an old Martha Stewart for K-Mart bed-in-a-bag set that I bought probably 8 years ago. It has held up so well and although I have changed two guest room sets of bedding and both children's bedding 2 or 3 times since then, I still love this set so much and haven't wanted to change it...pretty amazing for me! We have a wonderful Tempurpedic-type mattress with a pillow top so it is heavenly to sleep on. Whenever we go on vacation, we miss this bed terribly. To make sleeping ever so comfortable, I cover my soft down pillow with a vintage pillowcase that is such an amazing silky threadcount I cannot find anything to compare when I shop for a possible replacement. I also squirt a lavender scented linen spray on the pillow right before I begin my nightly reading and it is never long before I am asleep with a book in my hands and the lights still on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment