Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 1 January 1, 2010

My name is Tamara and this is my daily blog. I am brand new to this so be patient with me, please!

First let me introduce myself. I am a wife and mother of 2 lovely children (a 12 year old daughter, Libby and an 11 year old son, Tripp). I own a small dance school and teach there 4 days a week. I also spend a lot of time volunteering at my children's school.

This blog is inspired by several people and things:
1-The book Career Renegade, by Jonathon Fields. This book is helping me better my quality of life by allowing me to do what I love and have more time to spend at home with my husband & children.
2-Becky Higgins, Project Life creator and master scrapbook artist. My 2010 goal of taking a photo every day and journaling about each picture with the help of her Project Life scrapbooking kit.
3-Ali Edwards, scrapbook artist, and her "One Little Word" challenge. My word for the year is EXPLORE.
4-My upcoming 40th birthday.
5-and many other things I find inspiring and beautiful in everyday life....


This blog will be a photo-journal of the year starting with 1/1/2010 going on until? It will include tidbits of information, recipes, project challenges, and many ideas for you to use related to the things that I love....

arts and crafts
food and drink
music
dance
books and book reviews
birdwatching
travel
gardening
home decorating
holidays
photography

When my husband asked me what I really wanted to do with my life, my answer was to help people be happy. To help them organize themselves and simplify there lives in such a way that they knew what was truly important in life and freed themselves to "live" it....really live it! Seems like a big undertaking, I know. This blog is step one of my journey.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Tamara, I think that this idea/blog is just AWESOME!!! Looks like you've gotten a good start here, and I look forward to seeing your posts :) I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Sending {{{HUGS}}} and keeping you in my thoughts :)
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete