Friday, April 2, 2010

April Fool's POD



Yesterday, I got to drive a group of our middle school art students on a field trip to the Greenville Art Museum. I am sorry to say that I have lived here for almost 11 years and had never even been there! I was very impressed with the wonderful exhibit of Andrew Wyeth's work. Truly beautiful and I am very intrigued by his pieces surrounding a woman named Helga who posed for him in many of his paintings. There was also another painting of a striking woman titled, Skullcap ( I think she was a fisherman, actually) that was just so real it has stuck in my mind. Her eyes were so crystal blue, she looked like the cover of an LLBean catalog. Be sure to check him out if you are yet unfamiliar...

1 comment:

  1. by the way, no photography was allowed in the museum or I would have an entire album filled with beautiful pieces of Andrew Wyeth's work. I definitely have a book of his paintings on my wish list now!

    ReplyDelete