Monday, April 5, 2010

Saturday POD


I chose this particular picture for my POD simply because it shows both children and we are at the BEACH! That was the main goal, to get to the water...

I have a complete photo journal of our trip that I will post a link to if you are interested in more photos...

Our day began with a quick breakfast at the hotel, I was tickled to find that they had low-carb offerings of sausage and omelets so I ate well. We immediately headed to Patriot's Point to cross over the beautiful Cooper River Bridge. My hubby needed to stop at a drugstore for allergy medication and the kids ended up buying these! They also insisted on wearing them and we kept laughing saying they looked like "country come to town". Next we took a drive to the end of Sullivan's Island. After that was a stop at Fort Moultrie. We took the walking tour and it was a beautiful day to be out. Tripp, who normally would have been bored out of his mind, was thoroughly engrossed and even took time to stop and read the informational signs and share some of his personal knowledge on the subject (this was all thanks to the Focalin). After, the fort tour, we found a public access to use to get out on the beach. Libby and I took a long walk shell seeking while Tripp played in the sand. Then, the swim! It was so cold I couldn't bring myself to get all the way in. Tripp and Libby had a great time though! Next, came lunch at Acme Cantina on Isle of Palms. This is one of our regular stops every time we come down. After lunch, was a quick shopping trip in Mt. Pleasant! Then back to the hotel for showers and a little rest time before heading into Charleston for dinner....

Part 2-
Found a perfect parking spot beside the marketplace and we made reservations at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. We thought the kids would like it the best although, I really wanted to eat out on a deck in Shem Creek. It was a good choice for people watching, though. We strolled through the market and around some of the neighboring shops, then got ice cream at Haagen-Daaz before leaving downtown. We were all bushed by the time we got back to the hotel...

No comments:

Post a Comment