Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wed. POD




After a great night's sleep in my own bed, I awoke ready to another lovely spring day. I enjoyed a little quite time out on the porch with a new book I bought while in Sylva. A book by Sarah Ban Breathnach (the author of Simple Abundance and Something More) titled, The Illustrated Discovery Journal-Creating a Visual Autobiography of Your Authentic Self. I am looking forward to playing with this more.

My hubby asked me to help him pick out a countertop for this remodel he is doing and has been left in charge of. So after dropping my car off for some service work, we went to the jobsite and to Lowe's. I had to go in the garden center while there and ended up bringing home a bunch of phlox to plant on a rocky slope in our yard. It was on sale for $3.33 each so I had to do this right now!

I came home and planted them all. I spent more time deadheading some plants that have already started growing again. I am worried about my Spanish Lavendar and was also disappointed to find out that one of our loveliest perennials, the Lantana, from last year isn't hardy in our Zone 6/7 area, yet it was sold to me at my local Lowe's! I'll have to pay much more attention to that this season if I buy much more from there...

It was a great day to be out in the yard, and the entire family was almost the entire day. Libby and I even got out on astronomy book at the end of the day and took a walk in the dark to try to identify some of the constellations. Tripp was having a ball playing nerf war with the neighbor's grandson.

Now, if I could only find a way to do all of my inside chores while outside!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment