Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week 4 Update

Haiku #22
All I need is time
Tick-tock added to the clock
Then what I could do

Haiku #23
A Chinese New Year
We celebrate with udon
For longevity

Haiku #24
A bright, sunny day
Such reprieve after the rain
Makes my spirit soar

Haiku #25
Polaris reaches
For the sickle blade crescent
Of the waxing moon

Haiku #26
The fog envelops
Shrouding the woods from my view
Cloaked in mystery

Haiku #27
A great piece of art
Opens the mind and the soul to
Possibility

Haiku #28
To work all day long
Only to discover more
To do tomorrow...



Recipe of the week was from the January/February Weight Watchers magazine. It was called Lemony Linguine with Sausage. I liked the flavor, but didn't care for the sausage (as I don't each much meat and ground turkey just grosses me out!). I will make the dish again with some other form of protein.
Since I could not seem to access the recipe from the Weight Watchers website, I'll post it for you:
Lemony Linguine with Sausage
1 9 oz. package linguine ( I used whole wheat organic)
1/2 lb. Sweet Italian style turkey sausage (removed from casing) ICK!
1 sliced shallot
2 tsp. of EVOO
1 9 oz. bag of baby spinach
1 lemon
Boil pasta until al dente, drain, and reserving 1/3 c of the cooking water
While pasta is cooking brown ground turkey, approx. 5 minutes, then remove and drain
Add shallots to oil-you may need to add a touch more, and cook for 2 minutes, then add the spinach and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes. Add back in the sausage and mix in the pasta, 1/3 c of the cooking water, and the juice of one lemon. Allow to cook together for an additional 3-5 minutes. Serve with lemon zest.

Last but not least, my bird creativity project for the week is here:

This was created by making a collage paper and then cutting the bird and it's wing from a template that I found here.

Almost a full month of posting and actually living up to my resolutions! Yay! With my crazy school work schedule on top of my regular work schedule cooking and crafting are a bright spot for me and I am so glad I am "making" myself do them because I feel so alive when I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment