Sunday, January 22, 2012

Week 3 Update

Haiku #15
A good brew, a nap
The simple pleasures of a
Sunday afternoon

Haiku #16
A lone crow flies by
Screeching to the world below
"Look at me, so free!"

Haiku #17
The trees bend and sway
To the music of the wind
Nature's song and dance

Haiku #18
Logs crackle and pop
A blazing fire warms hearts
As we gather 'round

Haiku #19
Such uncertainty
Life throw punches like Ali
Mohammad, that is

Haiku #20
A good and true friend
One of life's most precious gifts
Treasure it always

Haiku #21
Read and study hard
Then put the books and papers
Away and go play!



My bird creativity challenge of the week:
I was inspired by these pretty little birds on wire wall hangings from World Market.

My recipe of the week was, once again, out of the pages of the January/February Everyday Food magazine. I made Spaghetti Squash Gratin. I will be honest and say that I didn't get to make it yesterday as planned because we had unexpected company come by (and bring dinner), so it ended up being a fun friend get-together. I did make the recipe this morning and just ate it for brunch. I don't think I'll make it again, but it did give me some good ideas on how to make pasta based casseroles with spaghetti squash. Also, I used a piece of leftover cornbread mixed in with the bread for the crumb topping. I have never purchased anchovies before, although I do like them, so this was good for trying something different at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment